Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sermons I Listen To

On Sunday I was emphasizing Jesus' teaching regarding "hearing the word and understanding it" (Mt 13:23) and how important it is to immerse ourselves in as much of the Word of God as possible. I shared four practical ways to do this:

1) Read/Listen to the Bible. There are many good, readable translations available as well as a number of dramatized audio Bibles. Remember, 5 minutes in God's Word is better then 0.

2) Get to church. A good preacher works to make the Bible practical and relevant to the listener. Your regular attendance provides you with a great resource that can really help you come Monday morning.

3) Listen to sermons online/podcast. As a preacher of God's Word, I'm dependent upon other preachers to encourage me and feed me the Bible in a practical and challenging way. In the message on Sunday it told you that I would share some of the preachers I listen to. If you are a subscriber to iTunes you should be able to type in these names and find their sermons. Click on the "Subscribe" button and the sermons will load on to your iTunes player automatically. If you don't have iTunes you can probably Google the names and find their sermon sites. Here of a few I listen to, or would recommend:
- Andy Stanley (North Point Ministries)
- Southeast Christian Church (Dave Stone/Kyle Idleman)
- Erwin McManus (Mosiac Church)
- Perry Noble (NewSpring Church)
- Rob Bell (Mars Hill Church)
- Ravi Zacharias (Heavy Stuff - For you deep thinkers out there)

4) Read some good Christian literature, there are so many great resources available. Obviously some are better than others so in a future post I'll list out some good books that you might want to check out.

1 comment:

IC5-O said...

Thanks I will check them out. What do you think of Dr. David Jeremiah on end times prophecy?