Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Wisdom of Job

"God is not a mortal like me, so I cannot argue with him or take him to trial. If only there were a mediator who could bring us together, but there is none. The mediator could make God stop beating me, and I would no longer live in terror of his punishment. Then I could speak to him without fear, but I cannot do that in my own strength." ~ Job 9:32-35

A few weeks ago on her show Oprah said,

"There can't possibly be only one way to God."

Hmmm...Oprah, there is only one way to God. It took God in skin, living a sinless life. It took someone to die and come back to life. It took a man named Jesus.

"I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me." ~ John 14:6

No matter what you do. No matter how hard you work. No matter what you scheme. No matter what you say, you can't fix the sin problem. Only Jesus can.

No comments: