Sunday, August 13, 2006

Friendship


I promise not to burst into a rousing rendition of Friends Are Friends Forever by Michael W. Smith. However, I did read this exerpt of a letter that author C.S. Lewis wrote to his good friend Arthur Greeves that I wanted to share with you: "Friendship is the greatest of worldly goods. Certainly to me it it the chief happiness of life. If I had to give a piece of advice to a young man about a place to live, I think I should say, 'sacrifice almost everything to live where you can be near your friends.' I know I am very fortunate in that respect..." ~ C.S. Lewis

I have heard of people who have moved because of a job, better weather, or to be by family. I don't think I have ever heard of someone who moved to be by a friend. Is friendship really that good? Or maybe most people have never really experienced true friendship. I hope you have a friend. If not, maybe try being a great friend to someone else. Without a doubt our world could use a lot more friends.

No comments: