Wednesday, July 16, 2008

California Vacation

I have been a horrible blogger for the last two months! It is time to do some catching up. Here are a few pictures from our summer vacation. My parents were able to get my family together with my sister and her family in Ceres, California along with my brother. We had a marvelous time and made many great memories. Here is a small smattering of pictures highlighting some of my favorite moments. Enjoy!

My sister and brother-in-law have a pool at their house and we used it a lot. Here Alex, Samantha and I jump in together...with Suzi taking the picture of course.


One of the days we went to Yosemite and did some hiking. Here was my favorite moment of the day. We had hiked up to Mirror Lake only to find that the lake was mostly gone. So I took my kids and my niece Faith and nephew Deacon and went wading in the ice cold water. The view was spectacular!


On our last day in California, my family took the day and went to San Francisco. Here is my wind blown and cold family posing with the Golden Gate bridge in the background.



Here is my favorite picture of the trip...for obvious reasons. I kissed my beautiful and wonderful wife Suzi while overlooking the sun setting on the Pacific Ocean. My son Alex took the picture (and did a nice job) and I think that he was just a little embarrassed.



The same day we were in San Francisco we were able to make it to the beach and of course we had to touch the Pacific Ocean. Alex and Samantha turned it into a game of trying to out run the incoming waves--obviously they lost.



We wrapped up our vacation at my parent's house, the old homestead. We took this picture on one of the rocks that made up the foundation for the old barn.

All in all it was a great vacation! A special thanks to my parents for getting us all together, without them it wouldn't have happened (in many ways). Also, many thanks to my sister Rebecca and her husband Kirk who put up with a full house for seven days.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Your pictures are great! I am glad that you had a good time and were able to visit Yosemite and San Francisco. We were glad that you came and sad when you left. Hopefully it won't be so long before we see you again.

Sharon said...

Your pictures remind me of my family in California. I am so glad you were able to visit them and had such a wonderful time. I hope you are able to spend time together, sooner rather than later. I spoke with my sister today and wish we could also be together. Seeing the pictures of you and the children jumping into the pool reminded me of the time we took ours out to visit, and doing the same thing!