Monday, July 28, 2008

What's Hot On My iPod?

Do you know how every once in a while you find an album or a song or two that just sticks with you? Well, that has happened with this album by David Crowder Band called "B Collision." Now, a couple of things before I go any farther.

First, David Crowder's stuff has never really connected with me. Suzi says it's because it has to grow on you. So maybe I don't have any patience. Second, Suzi picked this album up at the last minute as she was shopping at the local Christian bookstore. So in a strange kind of way it was like I was meant to hear this album. (I know, that was sappy!)

So here is why I like this album so much...it's bluegrass. I'm so down with bluegrass right now, what's my problem? Anyway, they wrap up the album with a great rendition of "I Saw The Light." I'm not kidding, without even thinking my right foot begins to tap. Bluegrass has that way of connecting with people. Let me throw this out there for some thought: What if bluegrass is the official music of heaven? I'm serious. Is there any other type of music that brings people together like bluegrass? And here is the cool thing, just about anyone can play it. Each song has three chords to it and the rhythm is always the same.

One last thing. If this bluegrass worship stuff really catches on, I have to give credit to my good friend Steve Allen. About 10 years ago he came up with a gospel bluegrass medley that Suzi and I have used in every church we have been in and it is always a big hit...with all ages. So for me bluegrass is king, at least for now.

1 comment:

sam said...

I love David Crowder Band but I really didn't until I seen them in concert as an opening act. They played several styles and really showed their moxy and all the time givin up to the Giver of gifts. They stand out to me as one Christian band that sees their music as art and creativity in worship. I'll have to check out their new album. Thanks for the post.