Sunday, October 05, 2008

Doctrine: What the Bible Teaches about Jesus - Question

Today my message at church focused on what the Bible teaches about Jesus. As always I have four or five texted questions that I answer at the end of the service. Here is one question I didn't have time to get to. Check it out:

"How r we 2 know always what is of God n what is us? Just everyday decisions."

First you have to start with the Bible. God's Word provides us with a filter for our lives. We know if something is of God if it matches up with what we read in the Bible. That is why it is so important to read the Bible. (2 Timothy 3:16)

Second God provides us with the Holy Spirit to direct and lead us through life. Next Sunday I will be talking in detail about what the Bible teaches about the Holy Spirit. From observing my own life and the lives of others, it is very difficult for a lot of Christians to tune into the leading of the Holy Spirit. Part of it is just simply ignoring what the Holy Spirit is leading people to do. But another part of it is the fact that we just don't know how to follow the the Holy Spirit's lead. (John 16:13)

One other resource I would point you to is a book I recently read called, Walking with God, written by John Eldredge. Eldredge gives a practical and real look into his own life of walking with God and how he follows what God's leading...in even the most minute of details. You can read my post about the book here.

No comments: