Friday, February 06, 2009

Resources for The King & I: A Love Story from the Song of Songs

I wanted to provided some extra resources for those of you who are going to be a part of the new message series I'm launching this weekend at IC-Church of Christ on the Song of Songs. One of my main resources is a book entitled, "Intimacy Ignited." It's a combination book in that it is a good commentary on the Song of Songs as well as a good Bible study guide for couples. I would highly recommend all Christian couples add this book to their library. It is very helpful.

The second resource is an actual message series preached by Mark Driscoll, the preacher at Mars Hill Church in Seattle. This last fall Mark preached through the Song of Songs and did a fantastic job. In doing so the church set up a web page with all the sermons available. If you would like to pick up even more biblical insight into the Song of Songs (he preaches for about an hour) this web site is a great resource. The message series they did was called "The Peasant Princess" and can be accessed here.

Hopefully these resources will help you out as you journey through the Song of Songs. In the weeks to come I will be posting text questions I receive during the message. So check back periodically to see what questions people are asking and what God's Word has to say abou them.

No comments: